It is our great pleasure to introduce the new EACPT website, which has been developed during the last year to meet the needs of a dynamic society such as EACPT. The EACPT Council approved at its meeting in Geneva on August 2013, a new strategic plan to enhance the visibility and networking capacity of our society. Now, the time to implement this plan has arrived and for this purpose a powerful tool like this website is paramount.
The EACPT strategic plan included the following key aspects
- Enhance the participation of individuals in the activities of EACPT and strengthen the partnership between EACPT and its affiliated National Societies. EACPT is aware that national societies are the pillars of the clinical pharmacology community in Europe. EACPT wishes to reinforce this essential role and at the same time engage individuals to take a more active participation in activities within our field. With this aim, the EACPT has created EACPT-Associate Individuals Membership (EACPT-AIM). EACPT-AIM program is intended to reinforce the role of national societies while creating channels of communication between clinical pharmacologists through Europe and worldwide. From Madrid onward, registration to EACPT Congresses will automatically convert attendees to EACPT-AIM for 1 year. In addition EACPT has made the effort to make the EACPT-AIM renewal something affordable for members of the EACPT affiliate societies.
- Position the EACPT Congress as the world-leading meeting in clinical pharmacology. EACPT wishes to become a reference for the CP community worldwide, thus we will continue to attract professionals from outside of Europe. Traditionally, EACPT meetings have been of relevance to CPs from all 5 continents, and this will continue in Madrid. EACPT can only respond with generosity to this growing interest.
- EACPT intends to provide the opportunity to allow CPs from all over the world to work together, set up discussions and network around key scientific topics that matter to us. This initiative seeks to involve professionals of CP interested in collaborating with EACPT, with a particular focus on young professionals.
- The web platform now presented in its pilot phase intends to become a key instrument of communication between EACPT members and enhance the participation of young professionals in CP. It is now launched for a testing period that will run until the end of the EACPT Congress in Madrid. Your comments and suggestions will be welcome (please send any comment to email@example.com). With your suggestions further developments will be implemented in order to have a fully operational website by 1st October 2015.
- We are looking forward to seeing many of you in Madrid at the XII EACPT Congress. It will be a unique opportunity for us to set a solid basis for the future development of Clinical Pharmacology in Europe.
On behalf of the EACPT Executive Committee
Tabassome Simon, Chairperson-Elect
Welcome to EACPT
Updated on 2015-05-14T21:11:15+00:00, by .