At 8am a well-attended session at the CICG in Geneva on how to publish scientific work – over 60 delegates here for a Masterclass by EACPT official journal editor Richard Shader, day 2 of the 11th EACPT Congress 28-31 August.
Some deceptively simple messages including
– work back from key results
– decide title and write abstract last
– write clearly
– avoid excessive use of adverbs
– use short sentences
– consider use of translation support if English is not your first language [This should be translation of your own text, NOT ghost writing]
– explain why you undertook the work
– describe how you advanced knowledge in the field.
– note further work that would take the field forward.
|Publishing Masterclass by Richard Shader|
More helpful advice for authors
The European Association of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics has Clinical Therapeutics as its Official Journal, in partnership with the major international publisher Elsevier.
The journal since April 2013 features highlights of EACPT scientific and other activities and provides information on future EACPT congresses, summer schools and other events. The journal will also publish peer-reviewed original papers and reviews arising from EACPT conferences. Editor-in-Chief of ClinicalTherapeutics Dr. Richard Shader welcomed the agreement reached with European Association of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (EACPT) to adopt Clinical Therapeutics as its Official Journal.
He said “This interaction is timely both in view of the increasing need to meet international therapeutic challenges and the renewed editorial calendar to broaden the journal’s scope to include the pharmacology underpinning successful therapeutics”.
See more about the new affiliation between EACPT and Clinical Therapeutics