The main business of this EC meeting includes planning for:
– the 12th biennial EACPT congress to be held from
27-29 June 2015 in Madrid
– further interaction with the official EACPT journal Clinical Therapeutics (online access is a benefit for individual associates of the EACPT)
– the next EACPT focus meeting, following the successful EACPT Cardiovascular Focus Meeting held in Nijmegen in the Netherlands, 3-5 July 2014 (selected papers will be published shortly in the offical EACPT journal – Clinical Therapeutics
– interaction with key policy organisations interested in medicines and patient safety, including the European Medicines Agency. EACPT chair Professor Gonzalo Calvo is inaugural co-chair of the Healthcare Professionals Working Party of the European Medicines Agency.
EACPT biennial congresses provide excellent opportunities to showcase issues of topics of concern to theinternationalclinical pharmacology and therapeutics community, through timely and accessible original research presentations and commentaries to policy-makers, health and industry professionals, health technology providers, patient groups and academia.
|Royal Palace in Madrid|
including healthprofessionals, clinical and life scientists, policy makers, professionals from the biotechnology and pharmaceutical communities and others interested in the spectrum from basic to clinical pharmacology and pharmacotherapy, and from drug discovery to regulatory affairs.
Key themes at the Madrid congress are expected to include:
– medicines and global health,
– impact of immunosuppression on cancer risk,